Fifteen percent of workplace injury claims are caused by ‘Slips, Trips & Falls’. The total cost to the economy of a fall in the workplace is 5.5 Billion per annum. The average amount of time it takes for a worker to return to work is 5.4 weeks. Clearly, this needs to be improved upon, corrective action is a non-negotiable. KAG Safety Rail is the solution.
The facts about ‘Slips, Trips & Falls’ are frightening:
- More than 25% of ‘Slips, Trips & Falls’ resulted in an average of 31 days away from work in 2015
- ‘Slips, Trips & Falls’ cost employers more than $5.4 billion dollars in compensation and medical costs
- 40% of all nursing home admissions are due to falls
- Falls are the 6th leading cause of death among people aged 70 years or older
- ‘Slips, Trips & Falls’ were the #1 cause on non-fatal injuries in 2015 resulting in over 32% of all ER visits (motor vehicle accidents accounted for 10.8%)
KAG Safety Rail – Australian Made
Prevention is better than cure. A new, ground-breaking style of handrail will go a long way to reducing the number of ‘Slips, Trips & Falls’ in the workplace, accommodation premises and the home. The development of the innovative KAG Safety Rail took place in Brisbane. In recent years and is quickly gaining acceptance in a wide range of industries. Recently tested by the University of Queensland, KAG Safety Rail improves grip in wet, soapy or oily conditions by up to 300%.
ABECK Group is pleased to announce their appointment as the exclusive Australian distributors for KAG Rail. KAG Safety Rail is available in many different forms, and it is suitable for use in Aged Care facilities, Offshore Oil Rig Platforms, Transport, Disabled Amenities and much more.
To learn more about KAG Safety Rail and its many applications and benefits contact ABECK Group on 1800 236 337 or click here to visit our website to learning more.