Fifteen percent of workplace injury claims are caused by slips, trips and falls. The total cost to the economy of a fall in the workplace is 5.5 billion per annum. It takes the average worker 5.4 weeks to return to work after one of these injuries. Clearly, this needs to be improved upon.
The facts about ‘Slips, Trips & Falls’ are frightening:
- More than 25% of slips, trips and falls resulted in an average of 31 days away from work in 2015
- Slips, trips and falls cost employers more than $5.4 billion dollars in compensation and medical costs
- 40% of all nursing home admissions are due to falls
- Falls are the sixth leading cause of death among people aged 70 years or older
- Slips, trips and falls were the number one cause on non-fatal injuries in 2015, resulting in over 32% of all ER visits (motor vehicle accidents accounted for 10.8%)
Our KAG safety rail is one possible solution. We are pleased to be the exclusive Australian distributors of it.
Prevention is better than cure. This new, ground-breaking style of handrail will go a long way to reducing the number of slips, trips and falls in the workplace, accommodation premises and the home. Recently tested by the University of Queensland, the KAG safety rail improves grip in wet, soapy or oily conditions by up to 300%.
The KAG safety rail was developed in Brisbane. It is quickly gaining acceptance in a wide range of industries. It is available in many different forms, and is suitable for use in aged care facilities, disabled amenities and a range of industrial applications.